Thursday, November 3, 2011

Hello from the Midwest!

We drove for about 7 hours Monday to Salina, KS.. Spent Halloween in a weird Motel 6 .. Were asleep by 11pm or so. A memorable Halloween to say the least. Then we got up Tuesday and drove about 4hours to Baxter Springs, KS where Marly's grandparents have a house. Hung in Baxter for 2 nites.. Took a side trip to Miami, OK where I used to live for the first 3 years of my life. Tiny, tiny towns. I now am really thankful that my Dad got transferred to Tuscaloosa. Really thankful.




YESSSSSS!!!!!!!! Need a white cowboy hat? Come on down to the main drag at Baxter Springs & getcha one. There are plenty.





First dinner in Baxter! Hello full kitchen!!!!! And hello full Marlys Grandmothers kitchen! Couscous, green bean casserole, and SALADDDD. And white wine, of corse.





Made it to Miami, OK.. 15miles from Baxter Springs. I lived there for the first 3 Years of my life. Drove around.. Went and ate at the Ku-Ku.. Friends of my parents own it. Went to the Miami wal-mart and an antique store. Then it started raining pretty hard, so we left.















My childhood home!




Christmas corner at an Antique store.





Rad wallpaper in Marly's grandmothers house.










We found her Grandmas old glasses!




















Ultimate cuteness!





Lounge Dog




Our LAST MEAL!!!! Delicious penne pasta with a Marly salad & red wine.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, 'Lounge Dog' is my favorite Delta picture of all time.

    ReplyDelete